10 TikTok Home tips that will change your life
Residents will have much less free time if the lockdown rules are lifted this month.
So here are some time saving tips to improve your home without needing a lot of time, from Tiktok social media platform Genesis Collection made sure you don’t run out of trending content and therefore revealed the 10 Best TikTok Home Hacks That Are Sure To Change Your Life.
- Do you close your blinds properly?
Closing your blinds might seem like a simple task to most, if you can’t see outside you can’t see inside, right? TikTok user @kriskoevists revealed that the path you close your blinds may affect your privacy. When closing venetian blinds, you need to make sure the blinds close down, not up – it turns out that if you close the blinds up, passers-by looking towards your second-story windows could well see you after all !!
Watch the video that shows how you should close your blinds.
- Stubborn stickers disappear
We’ve all been there when it comes to removing a pesky sticker from a window or mirror, it can certainly seem like a losing battle and often ends in more mess than success. TikTok user @acleanbee revealed the easiest way to remove stickers stress-free, leaving no glue residue!
All you have to do is grab your hair dryer, blow hot air on the sticker to melt the glue behind before grabbing a scraper to gently pry up one of the corners. Once it is lifted, you can quickly peel off the rest of the sticker, it’s simple!
Take a look at the video below:
- Don’t waste your empty candle jar!
Candles are a popular home decorating choice, but once they burn out they are often thrown away. TikTok user @homethirty_one proves why and how you should recycle your jars and you can do it by doing the following:
- Pour boiling water into the finished candle jar.
- Use a scraper to peel off the sticker or leave it for decorative purposes.
- Wait for the wax to rise to the top and allow the water to cool.
- Remove wax and candle wicks.
- Wash the pot.
- Reuse the jar for what you want! (They make great storage!)
Want to try it yourself? Take a look at this hack in action below:
- Did you cut your ribbon incorrectly?
Yes, you read that right, here is a tip to make cutting tape, especially masking tape, a little easier and more convenient! TikTok user @mancrafting revealed that when you’re ready to tear the tape, you just need to bend it 90 degrees, before tearing it along the edge of the roll! This technique will leave you with the ribbon you’re about to use, as well as a visible flap left on the ribbon roll itself so you can easily find the end, not allowing you to waste time on look (we’ve all been there) – genius!
Watch the video below:
- How to improve the look of your curtains
Revealed by the one and only, Mrs. Hinch, this hack has indeed taken off on TikTok as one of the most shared tips for improving the look of your curtains! Using empty toilet paper tubes, TikTok user @rightguysaldireviews demonstrates the technique in its entirety; all you have to do is remove your curtains and place a tube between each curtain thread. Once all the weaves have been spaced out, simply roll up your curtains and voila – beautifully hanging curtains!
Want to give your curtains a makeover? Watch the video below:
- Save that paint mess!
No matter what you paint, the mess that comes with working is never appealing. Here TikTok user @ hal.loves shows a simple and easy way to limit cleanup and mess, while saving money on tray inserts! All you have to do is tie a trash bag around a paint bin, then pour your paint into the bin as you normally would. Use your roller to pick up the paint and start painting your wall or furniture. Once done, untangle the trash bag from the bin and put it in the bin, leaving you with a clean paint bin.
Check out this super simple hack by watching the video below:
- Clothes that smell divine
We all want our clothes to smell great and if the dryer can do the job for us then it’s definitely worth a try! TikTok user @missmunns shows a popular trick to make your clothes smell great and fresh using your dryer, Tupperware, fabric softener and a sponge! All you have to do is:
- Take the sponge and put it in the Tupperware.
- Add 2 cups of fabric softener.
- Then add 2 cups of water.
- Make sure the sponge is completely covered with the mixture.
- Then put the lid on the Tupperware and let it soak.
- When it’s time for you to use the dryer, run the sponge and put it in the dryer along with your clothes for dream-smelling clothes.
Want to try it out for yourself? Watch the video below:
- Create a beautiful decoration on a limited budget
Adding cute features to a room is a great way to make it more comfortable and with this home hack, shared by TikTok user, @ makaylann0, you’re sure to be doing just that! If you love giving sweet treats to your guests, why not display them in your decor? Candy and cookie jars are a very popular home trend, but they can be expensive to fill. To make the jar look like the room by creating the illusion that it is full (which means less candy to buy) all you have to do is put a smaller glass upside down in the large one. jar and before putting the treats to sit around the smaller glass, achieving a fuller optical illusion!
Want to try it out for yourself? Watch the video below:
- Want to get the best night’s sleep?
Whether you’re a nap fan or enjoying your time sleeping at night… who can turn down the offer of your dream-smelling bed? TikTok user @mama_mila_ reveals her technique for getting the best nights sleep! All you have to do is:
- Vacuum your mattress.
- Add 3 to 5 drops of essential oil to ½ cup of baking soda.
- Sprinkle the mixture on the mattress and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your bed linens (swap fabric softener with ½ cup white vinegar for extra soft linens).
- Vacuum the baking soda from the mattress and replace it with your fresh bed linen.
If you’re looking to get the ultimate sleep, check out the video for yourself and give it a try:
- Give your Tupperware a makeover
We’ve all been there when it comes to stained Tupperware, it just takes last night’s lasagna to leave the box orange and dirty. TikTok user @adikeempler shares a homemade trick to save all those Tupperware boxes left in your closet! To revive your bathtubs, all you need to do is:
- Get your Tupperware box stained.
- Pour a little dishwashing liquid into the Tupperware.
- Add a little lukewarm water.
- Add a few pieces of grated paper towel.
- Replace the Tupperware cover.
- Then shake the box vigorously for 45 seconds to one minute.
- Finally rinse to be left with a clean and sparkling Tupperware