All you need to know
From price to spec, here’s everything you need to know about the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600.
The Maybach GLS 600 is priced at Rs. 2.43 crore (ex-showroom, India)
The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 was launched in India with prices starting at ₹ 2.43 crore (ex-showroom, India). The Maybach GLS 600 is the brand’s very first SUV in the ultra-luxury “Mercedes-Maybach” lineup based on the new generation GLS SUV. The flagship SUV arrives in India as a fully built unit (CBU) model. The German automaker has confirmed that the first batch of 50+ Maybach GLS 600 SUVs have already sold out in India. From price to spec, here’s everything you need to know about it.
Read also: Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 sold out for 2021; The next allocation will arrive in the first quarter of 2022
- Although the GLS Maybach is based on the regular GLS, it differs from the latter with the new two-tone body color treatment option. The automaker has added several premium elements to enhance the visual appeal of the SUV. It features a large Maybach-style chrome grille, end-to-end chrome grille for the bumper, and a thick chrome insert attached to the skid plate. It also gets chrome inserts on the B-pillar, the Maybach logo on the D-pillar, standard 22-inch multi-spoke chrome wheels, and much more.
- In terms of dimensions, the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4Matic SUV measures 5205 mm in length, 2157 mm in width and 1838 mm in height, while the wheelbase amounts to 3135 mm. The SUV has 8 standard paint options: Polar White, Obsidian Black, Emerald Green, Mojave Silver, Brilliant Blue, Selenite Gray, Iridium Silver, and Cavansite Blue. There are optional designo paint options for the GLS Maybach, which includes Hyacinth Red and Brilliant Diamond White. Apart from that, the brand’s flagship SUV also comes in five two-tone paint schemes.
- The cabin is where the GLS Maybach really stands out. The SUV can be offered in four and five seats. The interior features a soft-touch black nappa leather upholstery as standard. The SUV also gets other upholstery options – standard mahogany brown / macchiato beige and designo crystal white / pearl silver gray.
- The SUV has features such as an electronic panoramic sunroof with opaque roller shutters, ultra-comfortable and reinforced ventilated massage seats, a wide range of mood lighting, wireless charging, NTG 6 MBUX with style. Maybach display, multifunctional Nappa leather steering wheel, center console with Maybach badge, removable rear MBUX touch pad, and more.
- The 12.3-inch signature dual screen is offered as standard. It is equipped with the latest MBUX infotainment system with “Hey Mercedes” voice control system and Mercedes Me connected car technology.
- In terms of safety, the SUV is equipped with a driver assistance package which includes the active distance assistant DISTRONIC, the active lane-keeping assistant, the active blind spot assistant, the assistant active braking and active steering assistant.
- Other safety devices equipped on the SUV are 8 airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, adaptive high beam assist plus, tire pressure monitoring system, parking package with 360 degree camera, driver safety vests and passengers, electronic traction system, hill descent control, off-road driving mode, Mercedes-Benz emergency call system, attention assistance, retractable Maybach steps and more.
- The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4Matic is powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 engine which is tuned to produce 542 hp and 730 Nm of maximum torque. The engine is mated to a 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission.
- The engine is also paired with a 48-volt EQ Boost system, which delivers additional torque of 250 Nm and power of 21 hp, which will be available temporarily. The SUV can reach triple-digit speeds in just 4.9 seconds before reaching a top speed of 250 km / h.
- When it comes to competition, the SUV is up against Bentley Bentayga, Rolls-Royce Cullinan and Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography, among others in the country.