Global Smart Windows Market Opportunities Forecast Report 2022
DUBLIN, May 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Smart Windows – Global Market Trajectory and Analysis” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Windows in buildings and automobiles play an important role in providing a sense of spaciousness and allowing air and light to enter and ventilate, contributing to the overall health of occupants. Windows have become increasingly important in modern homes, in terms of safety, security and aesthetics. However, windows also represent a conduit for heat exchange, raising or lowering interior temperatures of buildings and automobiles depending on seasonal conditions, resulting in higher energy consumption in the form of heating and cooling. Glass windows allow heat from the sun to enter the buildings, warming the interiors. While blinds and curtains are used to keep out solar heat, they tend to disconnect occupants from the outside world. A smart window comes into play here as it reduces solar heat gain while providing a seamless view to the outside. Smart windows have become an essential part of the latest and most innovative smart home technology.
The global Smart Windows market estimated at US$3.6 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US$6.8 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 11.3% over the analysis period. Suspended Particle Devices (SPDs), one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to register a CAGR of 9% and reach US$4.1 billion at the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the Electrochromic segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 16.4% for the next 7-year period.
The Smart Windows market in the United States is estimated at US$1.2 billion in the year 2021. Chinathe second largest economy in the world, is expected to reach a projected market size of US$1.1 billion by 2026 with a CAGR of 13.7% over the analysis period. Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 9.7% and 10.1% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 10.6%.
Cost savings, energy efficiency and tightening sustainability standards are driving the smart glass window market globally. Automotive and aerospace applications are poised for splendid growth for smart glass windows. However, high upfront installation and material costs, relatively poor market awareness, and durability issues continue to challenge smart glass window adoption rates. Expanding applications, improved switching and dimming speed, and expanded glass tint control are expected to support market demand in the near term.
The market is also driven by favorable government regulations that recommend energy efficient heating, cooling and lighting solutions in buildings and cars. The current trend of integrating electronics, such as sensors, to transform automotive and architectural windows into displays of infotainment content represents another important factor driving the expansion of the market. The transport sectors represent an important area of application supported by growing environmental concerns, the growing emphasis on energy efficiency, the emphasis on better fuel economy and the relentless desire to improve the design of cars and planes. These windows are increasingly being used to reduce energy costs associated with heating, lighting and air conditioning.
In the global Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC) segment, UNITED STATES, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the CAGR of 12.7% estimated for this segment. These regional markets representing a combined market size of US$311.5 million in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$719.8 million at the end of the analysis period. China will remain among the most dynamic in this group of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, Indiaand South Koreathe market of Asia Pacific should reach US$70.1 million by 2026.
- Eastman Chemicals
- Heliotrope Technologies
- Innovative glass
- PPG Industries
- SAGE Electrochromic
- International smart glass
- Colorado Smart Windows
- See, Inc.
Main topics covered:
- Smart Windows – Percentage of market share of the main global competitors in 2022 (E)
- COVID-19 pandemic is restraining the growth of the global smart windows market
- Smart glass: a growing area of interest
- Suspended Particle Device (SPD) glass represents major part
- Developed markets dominate, while developing markets drive growth
- High costs: a major problem
- Market Witnesses Rising Investments and Rising Patent Activity
- Top Smart Glass Windows Startups
- Globally Remarkable Smart Window Solutions: Brief Product Details and Key Features
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Myriad Benefits Offered by Smart Glass Windows Drive Widespread Adoption in Architectural Applications
- Rising concerns over energy loss are driving demand for switchable smart glass in various applications
- Aesthetics: the fundamental factor behind the huge popularity of smart windows
- Implementation of smart buildings and smart cities increases prospects
- Recovery in the construction sector to stimulate growth
- Transport: an important market for smart windows
- Self-cleaning and self-repairing applications are gaining momentum
- Self-tinting in automotive windows: an overview
- Lightweight Smart Glass: Prime Materials in Connected Cars
- Smart windows look for opportunities in self-driving cars
- The proliferation of electric vehicles to help smart glass find mainstream adoption
- Spiraling electricity consumption and resulting energy costs are driving demand for automatic tinted windows in the building industry
- Smart Windows in Aircraft Enable Efficient Light and Glare Management
- Growing focus on improving the customer experience at airports to drive the installation of smart windows
- Smart Glass for Smart Yachts: A Potential Growth Avenue
- Superior attributes of active smart glass promote higher growth than passive types
- Nanotechnology brings hope to help buildings see green with smart windows
- Water repellent and ventilation options
- Smart window with potential for regulating and harnessing solar energy for energy-efficient buildings
- Innovative smart glass solutions that replace electronic blinds
- Smart window without electricity
- Wi-Fi enabled smart windows
- New smart window technology to control light and heat flow
- Microgels to replace hydrogels in smart windows
- Mobile application for tinting windows via smartphones
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yh4tkx
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets