Indian Railways Starts Operating Rajendra Nagar (Patna) – New Delhi Rajdhani Express Terminal With New Improved Tejas Rake From Today | Odisha News | Latest Odisha News
New Delhi: A new era of train travel experience with improved comfort is being rolled out by Indian Railways with the introduction of recently improved Tejas sleeper coach rakes in Rajdhani trains. These shiny golden hued coaches with enhanced smart features are introduced to operate East Central Railway’s prestigious Rajendra Nagar (Patna) – New Delhi Rajdhani Express train and will provide the best travel experience in its class. This new rake made its first run from Wednesday 01st September 2021.
The existing trainsets of train No. 02309/10 Rajendra Nagar – New Delhi – Rajendra Nagar Rajdhani Special Express, one of the most prestigious and premium trains, are being replaced by brand new Tejas-type sleeping cars . The new train will be equipped with special intelligent functions for increased passenger safety and comfort. The smart coach aims to provide world-class facilities to passengers using intelligent sensor-based systems. It is equipped with a passenger and coach information computer unit (PICCU) with GSM network connectivity, which reports to the remote server. PICCU will record data from WSP, CCTV recording, toilet odor sensors, panic switch and other elements built into the fire detection and alarm system, air quality sensor and throttle filter and energy meter.
Additional smart features:
● PA / PIS (Passenger Announcement / Information System): Two LCD screens inside each coach display vital travel-related information for passengers, such as next station, remaining distance, estimated time of arrival, delays and safety related messages.
● Security monitoring and surveillance: Six nos. cameras are installed in each car which gives a live recording. CCTV cameras with night vision capability, facial recognition even in low light conditions, network video recorder are provided.
● Automatic pick-up door: All main entrance doors are centralized and controlled by Guard. The train will not start until all the doors are closed.
● Fire alarm, detection and extinguishing system: All coaches are equipped with an automatic alarm and fire detection system. The pantry and electric cars have an automatic fire extinguisher system in case of detection.
● Emergency call in case of medical or safety emergency
● Improved toilet unit: Supplied with anti-graffiti coating, Gel coated shelf, New trash can design, Door latch activated light, Engagement display, Childcare seat.
● Toilet occupancy sensor: Automatically displays toilet occupancy inside each car
● Panic button in the toilet: Installed in each toilet, in case of emergency.
● Integration of the toilet announcement sensor (TASI): Two nos. integration of the toilet announcement sensor are installed in each coach which will relay the announcements to do and not to do in the toilet, each time it is activated.
● Bio-Vacuum toilet system: Provides improved hygienic conditions in the toilet through improved flushing and also saves water per flush.
● Stainless steel subframe: The complete frame is made of austenitic stainless steel (SS 201LN) which increases the life of the coach due to reduced corrosion.
● Air suspension bogies: Supplied with air spring suspension in the bogies to improve passenger comfort and the driving quality of these coaches.
● On-board condition monitoring system for bearing, wheel, to improve safety
● HVAC – Air quality measurement for the air conditioning system
● Water level sensor to indicate water availability in real time
● Textured exterior PVC film: The exterior is provided with a textured PVC film.
● Improved interiors: Fire-resistant silicone foam seats and bunks provide greater comfort and safety for passengers.
● Roller blind on window: Instead of curtains, roller shutters are provided for easy disinfection.
● Mobile charging points: Scheduled for each passenger.
● Sleeper reading light: Scheduled for each passenger.
● Top Bunk Climbing Layout: Practical arrangement of the upper bunk.