Proudfoot leaves his haters in his wake en route to a stellar Sunday
Jonathan “Proudflop” Proudfoot had a stellar online Sunday with an impressive win and a handful of final table appearances at GGPoker and PokerStars.
Proudfoot’s biggest loot of the night came courtesy of leading a 1,578 strong platoon in the $250 Sunday Main Event at GGPoker. He made his way through shark-infested waters and came face-to-face with an Ireland-based grinder Alex “FutureofMe” Kulev. Proudfoot appears to have been lagging at this point because the heads-up duo reached a deal before Proudfoot finished in first place, but collected less prize money than Kulev. The runner-up took home $41,973 but Proudfoot took home $40,651.
Short Deck Hold’em Pre-Flop Strategy
The Durham man also finished third in the $525 Sunday Fifty Stack Bounty High Roller. With bounties included, Proudfoot took home a prize of $11,532. Only finalist Matas Cimboles ($18,459) and Champion Denny Ramos ($27,890) walked away with more prize money than the talented Briton.
The other Proudfoot final tables took place on PokerStars $1,050 Sunday High Roller and the $530 Sunday Marathon. In the first instance, he outlasted the majority of 191 players but clinched in fourth place for an addition of $17,475 to his bankroll. He then finished fourth in the Marathon for an additional $3,023.
Although Proudfoot’s multiple cash-ins were impressive, it was Ben Heath who was the UK star who earned the most money this weekend. Heath finished fourth in the $25,500 buy-in Sunday Million Super High Rollera result that came with a salary of $132,327.
Other results on GGPoker from players calling the UK and Ireland include:
- Alex “FutureofMe” Kulev – sixth place at $888 Sunday Crazy Eights for $13,955
- James “Highjinx” Rann – fifth place in the $300 GGMasters Bounty for $13,021*
- 1_7Mineirao2014 – third place Sunday Saver at $250 for $10,711
- Patrick “LateNightT” Lauber – Sunday Omaholic Bounty third place at $525 for $7,101*
Grafton earns almost $18,000 in less than 2.5 hours
Sam “SamSquid” Grafton of Team PokerStars fame used a score of $17,884 on PokerStars on February 20, doing so in less than two and a half hours. Grafton was one of 542 participants in the $215 NLHE 6-Max Hyper PKO event, part of the Hyper Weekend schedule. Three-minute blinds meant the tournament crowned its champion at 8:26 p.m. despite having started at 6:02 p.m. Grafton was that champion.
First place came with a payout of $8,615 to which Grafton added $9,269 in bonuses. An hourly rate of more than $7,200 is not to be despised if the opportunity arises!
Check out these other PokerStars results:
- fishy95 – first place in the Bounty Builder at $215 for $14,853*
- Yogip299 – Sunday Cooldown runner-up at $109 for $14,300*
- craigaces21 – fourth place in the Bounty Builder at $109 for $8,236*
- elKKJitow – Fourth Place in the $215 NLHE 6-Max Hyper for $7,978
- pAtcAsh83 – fourth place in the $109 NLHE 6-Max Hyper PKO for $4,623*
- godofrabbit – first place in the NLO8 Sunday Supersonic at $215 for $4,186
- Life Grind – second place at $109 PLO Omania for $1,937
- LeeFaeBlue – third place PLO Omania at $109 for $1,404