Rajdhani Gets All New Improved Tejas Sleeping Coach Rakes With Smart Features: Everything You Need To Know | Latest India News
The enhanced smart features are introduced in the Western Railway’s Mumbai Rajdhani Express train. This new rake began its first cycle on Monday, July 19, the Ministry of Railways informed.
The Western Railway introduced recently modernized Tejas sleeping car sets on the Mumbai Rajdhani Express train on Monday. The move was billed as a new era of train travel experience with improved comfort.
The new rake held its first race on Monday.
A Western Railway official said that the introduction of this modern Tejas sleeper-type train for long-distance journeys was going to be a paradigm shift for Indian railways to improve the travel experience for passengers. The smart coach, officials said, aims to provide world-class facilities to passengers using smart, sensor-based systems.
“These shiny golden-hued coaches with enhanced intelligent functionality are introduced to operate Railway’s prestigious Mumbai Rajdhani Express train, providing the best travel experience in its class,” the Ministry of Railways said in a statement. . The move will help railways switch to predictive maintenance instead of preventive maintenance, he added.
The coaches are equipped with a Coach Passenger Information and Calculation Unit (PICCU) with connectivity to the GSM network, which reports to the remote server, the Ministry of Railways said. “PICCU will record the data of the WSP, CCTV recording, toilet odor sensors, panic switch and other elements integrated with the fire detection and alarm system, the quality sensor of the air and starter filter and energy meter, “he added.
Here are the main features of the new SMART coaches:
- PA / PIS (Passenger Announcement / Passenger Information System): two LCD screens inside each coach will show passengers vital travel related information, such as next station, remaining distance, estimated time of arrival, delays and security messages.
- Digital Destination Board: A flush-type LED digital destination board has been installed on each car by dividing the displayed data into two rows. The first line will display the train number and the type of coach while the second line will display the scrolling text of the destination and the intermediate station in several languages.
- Security surveillance and surveillance: A total of six cameras are installed in each coach, allowing live recording. CCTV cameras with day-night vision capability, facial recognition even in low light conditions, network video recorder are provided.
- Automatic gate: All main entrance gates are centrally controlled by the caretaker. The train will not start until all the doors are closed.
- Fire alarm, detection and extinguishing system: All coaches are equipped with a fire alarm and automatic detection system. The pantry and electric cars have an automatic fire extinguisher system in case of detection.
- Emergency talkback for a medical or safety emergency
- Upgraded toilet unit: Comes with anti-graffiti coating, gel coated shelf, new design trash can, door latch activated light, engagement display.
- Toilet occupancy sensor: it will automatically display the toilet occupancy inside each car
- Panic button in the toilet: Installed in each toilet, in case of emergency.
- Toilet Announcement Sensor Integration (TASI): Two integrations of toilet announcement sensors are installed in each coach that will relay do’s and don’ts in the toilet, whenever they are activated.
- Bio-Vacuum Toilet System: Improves hygienic conditions in the toilet through improved flushing and also saves water per flush.
- Stainless steel frame: The complete frame is made of austenitic stainless steel (SS 201LN) which increases the life of the coach due to reduced corrosion.
- Air suspension bogies: The air spring suspension in the bogies has been provided to improve passenger comfort and the ride quality of these coaches.
- On-board condition monitoring system for bearing, wheel, to improve safety
- HVAC – Air quality measurement for air conditioning system
- Water level sensor to indicate water availability in real time
- Textured PVC exterior film: The exterior is provided with a textured PVC film.
- Upgraded Interiors: Fire-resistant silicone foam seats and bunks provide greater comfort and safety for passengers.
- Roller blind on the window: Instead of curtains, roller blinds are provided for easy disinfection.
- Mobile charging stations: Designed for each passenger.
- Bed reading light: Designed for each passenger.
- Top Bunk Climbing Layout: Convenient top bunk layout.